Hurricanes often hit without a lot of warning. Even when you know they are coming, it’s hard to know how to prepare. People may watch the weather, see the tropical storm coming their way, then see it upgraded to “hurricane” status. But they never really think it will hit their immediate area…until it does.
For victims of such large storms like Hurricane Irma which hit the Florida peninsula earlier this year in 2017, they know what it is like to experience this amazing but devastating storm surge face-to-face. When Hurricane Irma hit Florida residents, they were left with having to figure out how to pick up the pieces, secure their homestead, and move on with their lives. But where did they start?
How to Get Financial Help for Repairs
One place to start after a storm or hurricane is to utilize federal relief through such agencies like FEMA (The Federal Emergency Management Agency) that comes to the site of a storm location once the President of the United States has declared it a disaster area. Sometimes it is sufficient for the governor of that state to declare it an emergency, but it has to have federal money backing it to qualify.
If you are in this type of situation, it is likely that you would qualify for federal help as well as state and local help. If you lost your home in Hurricane Irma or your home suffered damage to the foundation due to flooding, you have to start with the most critical aspect: your home’s foundation.
Repairing a Damaged Foundation
If flooding has inundated your foundation or if you think it has had severe damage that needs repair, don’t take the risk. Instead, get professional foundation repair in Houston from the experts at 1800foundation.com.
The foundation repair crew at 1800foundation.com have had decades of service to their customers in the Houston, Dallas, and surrounding areas. They understand how devastating flooding can be and how a storm like Hurricane Irma or Hurricane Harvey in Texas could destroy the most essential parts of your home.
You’ve invested too much in your home and too much of your time to just let it go. Instead, you need the seasoned professionals at 1800foundation to evaluate your home’s foundation and inner structure to determine if it is in need of repair.
So, get your financial situation in order first. Apply for the disaster relief that you qualify for, then contact us for a free estimate. We will come to your location and do a thorough analysis of your house to see what it needs to be “as good as new.”
But don’t wait too long. You need to find out what type of service we need to do to repair and restore your house.
Types of Foundation Repair
Below are some of the types of damage repair that may need to be done, depending on the type and degree of damage.
1. House elevation or lowering– If you have had a significant amount of settling due to the flooding or hurricanes or other scenarios, you may need your house elevated or lowered. This is considered a relatively primary repair job, and it will take some great construction and renovation equipment to do the job. We can do this for you at 1800foundation.com.
2. Small cracks and fissures– If you noticed doors sticking, small cracks and fissures or vertical lines in your home (either outside or inside), you will want to contact a foundation repair specialist as soon as possible. Vertical cracks are the most benign but horizontal cracks can indicate a serious structural problem that can spread out over a larger area and further damage your structure.
3. Insulation and spot piers– For small repair situations, we may be able to use techniques such as installing better insulation and spot piers to repair the damage that is more localized.
4. High-density polyurethane foam– High-density foam made from polyurethane can sometimes be a good solution for repairing slabs in your floor or other areas of your home’s foundation.
5. Concrete and crack repair– If you need crack or concrete repair, let us evaluate your situation and get to work to repair your damage after a storm. Don’t let it go too long as this can lead to more severe problems that cost more money and take more time to complete.
Where to start after a storm?
If you were in the path of a devastating storm like the one that hit the Florida area, (Hurricane Irma) or any other hurricanes like Hurricane Harvey that devastated Houston and Dallas, do your inspection first, looking for any unknown cracks, lines, or instabilities. Pay attention to the details of your home and see if anything has changed since the storm.
Even if you do not notice anything, let us take a look, as well. We offer completely free estimates and inspections so that you can have the peace of mind in knowing you’ve done everything you can to check it out.
If we do find something that’s in need of repair, we can fix it for you at a reasonable cost. We’ve been the company people trust for Houston foundation repair for three decades, and we continue to help customers in the Houston or Dallas area for their foundation repairs.
Remember that the cost of getting foundation repair done now is much better than waiting until later when the damage has increased into a more significant job. Remember how much you’re invested in your home and give us a call to get started. It’s better to do minor repairs now than major ones later.
Contact us today for a free quote. When it comes to repairing your home and protecting your investment, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.